Our Next Meeting
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
- Heavenly Mountain Resort, 3860 Saddle Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
How Gen Z Is Shaping the Future Wedding World
On the cusp of adulthood, Gen Z doesn’t remember a world without smartphones and the internet. They live their lives on TikTok, Instagram and Snapchat and they are completely device agnostic – switching between iPhones, tablets, and laptops. Their digital habits, buying behaviors and expectations are having a direct impact on the way business should be done in the wedding industry.
Join Co-founder and CMO of Maroo, Anja Winikka, as she walks you through:
● Who is Gen Z and why traditional sales tactics won’t work
● How to market to Gen Z (aka, Generation “we”)
● Digital trends on the horizon to help prepare you
- Understand 5 key characteristics that diﬀerentiate Gen Z from Millennials.
- Discuss 3 new and impactful ways to market eﬀectively to Gen Z clients.
- Discover 3 game-changing techniques used to increase sales to Gen Z.
- Learn 3 of the biggest trends that will impact businesses as a result of Gen Z client buying behaviors.
Our Featured Speaker
Co-Founder & CMO
After spending 15 years as director of marketing and education for The Knot, Anja Winikka co-founded Maroo, a free payments platform that helps wedding businesses simply and seamlessly request payments from clients and get paid within one business day.
During her professional career in the wedding industry, Anja has shared her insights and expertise with readers and viewers of The New York Times, The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Washington Post, CNN, and more. While serving as a marketer, content creator, and PR strategist and spokesperson for The Knot, Anja gave numerous presentations on Millennial and Gen Z consumer insights and trends, social media strategies and brand-building blocks for wedding business owners, regularly appearing as a speaker on stages across the country and internationally. In 2019, Anja was named “The Knot’s Chief Innovator” by AdWeek for her work with small business professionals.
To purchase non-member tickets for this TWIG meeting, click here.
For more information about membership in TWIG, click here.
Future TWIG Meetings
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Mirada, 760 N. Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA
To learn more about what TWIG has been up to, please take a look at our newsletter archive.
- June 2022 Newsletter
- May 2022 Newsletter
- Fall 2021 Newsletter
- Summer 2021 Newsletter
- November 2019 Newsletter
- September 2019 Newsletter
- June 2019 Newsletter
- March 2019 Newsletter
- Winter 2018 Newsletter
- Fall 2018 Newsletter
- Summer 2018 Newsletter
- Spring 2018 Newsletter
- Fall 2017 Newsletter
- Summer 2017 Newsletter
- Spring 2017 Newsletter
- Winter 2017 Newsletter
- Fall 2016 Newsletter