Every couple’s wedding is one of the most important days of their lives, and the last thing they want to worry about is the reliability of the service providers they have secured. That’s why TWIG members have all agreed to strive for the highest standards of excellence, and to adhere to the following Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct:
- Respect all people regardless of race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender and age.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Be a credit to the wedding industry by implementing good business principles which will protect the public against fraud and unfair practices.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the duties and tasks involved to execute a wedding.
- Provide written contracts to clients clearly stating all charges, services, products and performance expectations.
- Safeguard all privileged information about clients in a confidential and secure manner.
- Maintain appropriate licensing and insurance coverage for all business activities to assure the company’s ability to do business and honor contracts.
- Give credit where credit is due; do not plagiarize other’s work.
- Be truthful about professional years of experience and qualifications in the wedding industry.
- If engaging in the practice of commissions and referral fees, exercise the utmost integrity, putting the client’s interest first.
- Demonstrate the utmost level of kindness and cooperation with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers in order to provide the highest quality of service to the client.
- Commit to professional growth and education in the wedding industry to consistently meet the client’s expectations.
For more information about membership in the Tahoe Wedding Industry Group, click here.